For some reason, people seem to think that SEO and quality content are different things. The traditional point of view where keyword stuffing and other black hat techniques were the only way to make SEO work is simply not the case anymore. In fact, it hasn’t been for some time. SEO and quality content are two teammates- bouncing off each other’s ideas and attributes to achieve a common goal.
It’s clear that search engines have different algorithms which are changing as we speak. But the one thing will always remain the same, SEO and content go hand-in-hand.
Well – Our 10-step SEO checklist is here for that – and to make your content dominate the search engines.
So, let’s start.
The Proven SEO Checklist That Works
- Document Your SEO Strategy – It is of utmost importance that you create a basic SEO strategy first before moving on to more advanced steps. Documenting your SEO strategy is a must if you want a written plan to guide you along. And to ensure your accountable for the results achieved.
- View SEO And Content As Teammates, Not Opponents – We already mentioned the new algorithms are constantly updated by the search engines. Quality content uses SEO as its teammate, not opposition. Stop viewing the keyword research and implementation as something you do when writing simply for SEO purposes. Include it in your content strategy as a whole.
- Perform SEO Audits – An SEO audit is imperative if you want to continually improve your strategy and grow your traffic and results. It is one of the clearest and most concise ways to document your progress, as well as any weaknesses. It also makes your content better. Re-evaluation of your SEO strategies and updating them accordingly is necessary to stay ahead.
- Use Every Type Of Media – Your blog posts, pages, and any other content should use owned, paid and earned media in SEO. Also, try using any type of media when creating content. For instance, a great blog post should use text and images- but by adding a YouTube video or infographic it will compliment your SEO strategy further.
- Choose The Right Keywords -Keywords will always matter, no matter what, so identifying the right keywords and phrases through premium keyword research programs is always going to be an essential part of your campaign. After all, the trends and monthly searches for a keyword (and its competition) can tell you a lot about the market or industry you’re playing in.
- Optimise Your Content For The Selected Keywords – Choosing keywords is one thing, and balancing your content with them is another. Make sure to use the focus keywords in all your image ALT tags, subheadings and first paragraphs to make your SEO strategy come together.
- Combine Your SEO With Social Media – Every digital medium gets most of its engagement from social media. Building a big follower base is a must – and knowing how and when to channel your content is an essential element of your campaign.
- Use Rich Snippets To Increase The Click-Through Rate – You can be ranking on Googles first page, but still not converting the sales you need. It may be because of the poor snippets or meta descriptions that you have. And in general, whether it’s Google or social media, the text snippets are the ones with the biggest call-to-actions for your website.
- Choose The Right Agency – Not everyone can be a SEO expert, and the best websites use agencies and outsource the SEO work to them. At Copy That Counts, we specialise in SEO content and will reinvent your digital strategy with something that actually works.
- Measure Your Content Marketing Success – In the end, measuring your content marketing success should be another thing on your list, if you want to continually work towards improving.500-Word Article$198A Fully SEO-optimised and edited article1 Hour Briefing Session2 x RevisionsPublished in Your CMS750-Word Article$267A Fully SEO-optimised and edited article1 Hour Briefing Session2 x RevisionsPublished in Your CMS1000-Word Article$316A Fully SEO-optimised and edited article1 Hour Briefing Session2 x RevisionsPublished in Your CMS
We hope this 10 step SEO checklist has helped your SEO Strategy. Talk to us today for professional advice on all your SEO Content Marketing needs.